Wednesday 4 May 2016

Been keeping busy these first couple of days.

Monday:  We made a trip to the Ian's office and met some, if not all, of his new colleagues and also to catch up with some paperwork.



Then more shopping for essentials, like an iron and ironing board, vacuum cleaner and some more food.

Tuesday: Ian spent his first full day in the office.  Meanwhile I was extremely happy to receive an invitation to join some ladies from Scania and from the apartment buildings where we live, to go to a coffee morning, hosted by the Norwegians of the Nordic Club Jakarta.  They made me feel very welcome and the Norwegians served an amazing selection of sweet and savoury Norwegian themed foods.  Sadly we learnt that a number of the Norwegian expats are having to return home earlier than planned due to the continued oil crisis.

On the journey home we decided to stop by a beauty salon for manicures and pedicures.  I indulged in my first Jakartan pedicure - at the very reasonable price of 200000 IDR (including tip).  A very relaxing way to have the chance to chat and get to know each other better.

Wednesday:  Ian has gone to work and I have been left on my own for the first time.  So started as I mean to continue, I went out to use the jogging track around the apartment complex.  Best to do these things early before the day really heats up.  It was already 28°C at 07:30.



I was fortunate to have the driver today, so I took advantage of the situation and got him to drive me to the local shopping mall, so I could make a few more necessary purchases.

Now I am back at home trying to catch up with the washing, my emails, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying the blog so far. Keep it up. You deserve to spoil yourself after the last few months.

    ReplyDelete